Wednesday, May 8, 2013

working experience - go for it :)

Good morning to you all here in Malaysia and good afternoon, good evening or good night to all those abroad. Hope everyone of you are fine and awesome always.

As you all might not know, I've start working my first ever job in life at an awesome petroleum company called Kebabangan Petroleum Operations Company or known as (KPOC). For starters, since i have no experience or anything, I took the lowest position which is the Receptionist.

I know, i know.. i have a degree in Mass Communication majoring Public Relations, but as you all can see and i will explain to you why.. that I'm a fresh grad, with no experience of whatsoever in any field, no intership training and of course, I have no idea what to choose from. Hope you understand why and got it for now.

Since I'm in the communication field, I think it is best that i take up the receptionist position for my first job. In a way, it trained me to communicate with people well and not to be awkward with colleagues, or strangers coming in and out of the building.

If you ask me how its like working as a receptionist, i tell you its hard yet easy work. The easy part of  the job is answering calls, booking in here and there, getting and giving out letters and also post emails to people internal and externally. That's an easy peasy task if you ask all the receptionist, but the hard work that you will face is the calls from outside. At times, they will talk fast, you wont be able to understand, you will feel the need to put your ears inside the telephone and of course some with a thick accent.

As KPOC is a huge company, we work with people all around the world such as China, Japan, Singapore and of course America. Now you can imagine where I'm coming from right, the hard part? yea, this is it. You seriously need to focus on where they come from, their names and who they want to speak to.. the communication skills need to be at the top notch if you want to be a receptionist. Other than that, you also need to be cheerful, friendly and patience... SMILE!!!.

My first few days, honestly... i'm a bit lost with whats going on, where things are or whatsoever. So i learn slowly everyday bit by bit.. soon i get used to things. You can say drastic environment change from college to working life. I'm able to adapt with the place quite fast with the helpful and friendly colleagues. As a new kid on the block, they treat and make me feel welcome.. taught me what i need to know and will help with whatsoever things that i need at the office.

As my daily routine changes, i felt different in a sense that i feel healthier and energetic. Woke up at 5.30am every weekdays.. and goes to work at 6.45-6.55am. Same ol, same ol as 2 weeks past, and hey, i'm still alive.. that's a good thing right? hehe.

You might hear this a whole lot of times but I'm gonna say it again.. first job, try whatever job you can find, gain experience and learn things.. you don't need to work under your scope for the first job.. work from the bottom and go up hills from there.. who might know, that you're lucky to achieve your goal and ambition there and then. Don't hesitate to take and go for it :)

So this is what my job is for now.. we'll see what will happen next.. later on this year :P Hope you all have fun and thanks for reading :) Will post up more.. sooooon.